On the project front, I finished the restoration of the 1948 Singer 15-91. This machine is incredibly FAST and powerful! If I ever have a sewing machine related accident, this machine will be the one to cause it. (I hope I didn't just jinx myself.) I used the 15-91 to quilt the "Kissing Fish" project and the machine performed great. I did need to adjust the bobbin tension for the cotton thread, as it was a bit too tight - a fact I discovered halfway through the quilting. But I was able to 'pick' the trouble areas and even out the stitches, without having to remove them.
|1948 Singer 15-91|
This is one sweet, POWERFUL, great stitching machine!
As for the "Kissing Fish"...here is the finished quilt. The points on the individual 8" blocks came out well. Putting all the blocks together...not so well. I definitely need more practice on half-square triangles and 1/4" seams. Practice makes perfect...eventually.
|Overall, I'm very please with the "Kissing Fish".|
|Most of the points aligned properly;some, not so much.|
Next project - the 1950 Singer 201-2. I'm looking forward to that restoration. I have a lot of expectations for that machine - it needs to sew as well as my 201k and with the speed and power of my 15-91. I hope it lives up to the hype I've read about.
Until next time, cheers!